Who do you think will win the election?

Sunday, January 18, 2009

African Music

Hi World,
You may (or may not) have read my previous blog posts on my obsession with African culture. If you have, sorry for repeating myself, but I am so into the music of Africa right now, and it's all thanks to Joseph Odindo.

Joseph Odindo is a Kenyan journalist who wants to share his love of and appreciation for African music to the world. It is really worth it to check out his blog. In one blog post, he provides readers with a crash course in the origins of African music. He makes it a point to note the connections between African music and Western musical forms such as jazz music.

So anyway, check out Joseph Odindo's blog for some enlightening posts on African music. I hope you enjoy the subject as much as I do.

No comments: