Who do you think will win the election?

Monday, December 22, 2008

An Ode to Kenyan Cuisine

One continent I would love to visit is Africa, and even though I would like to visit many of Africa’s countries such as South Africa and Ghana, one African country which interests me in particular is Kenya. Why Kenya, do you ask? Well I have been checking out these awesome sounding Kenyan recipes on this website started by Wangethi Mwangi . The website is pretty cool because it combines two interests of mine-African culture and cooking, lol!
The irony of Wangethi Mwangi is that he isn’t even a chef. He is a journalist who likes to blog about his interest in cooking. It goes to show you that just because you have a profession, it doesn’t mean that you can’t make time for an interest/hobby that is completely different. An example of an interesting recipe is Chapati, which from the description of how to make it sounds like dumplings, and Kenyan Fish Stew, another delicious sounding recipe.


I really thank Wangethi Mwangi for using food to broaden my interest in African culture and Kenyan culture. If I can’t get to Africa, then at least I can make some African food to pretend that I am already there, lol!

No comments: