Who do you think will win the election?

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Get in the Spirit This Holiday Season! Try RENEW International.

Hi All,
I don't know about anyone else, but the holiday season, and Christmas in particular, always makes me think more of my Catholic faith. The trip to Bethlehem, Mary and Joseph having no room at the inn, the manger, the three wise men, and all of the rest is what I think of when I think of Christianity. It is a shame, though, that it takes the Christmas season for me to truly reflect on my religion. I want to change that though. I want to strengthen my faith, whether it is Christmastime or not, so hopefully, RENEW International can help me with this.

RENEW International is an organization that supplies a Roman Catholic with any information that he or she needs in learning how to be a better follower of Christ. You can volunteer for the organization. There are programs such as ARISE Together in Christ that aid in applying Catholic teaching and Holy Scriptures to everyday life. You can even join RENEW International's online community if you want to meet others who share some of the same comments or questions about their faith as you do, and you could even start up your own conversation and get a dialogue going.

By writing this, I don't mean to offend those who are not Catholic or those who aren't Christian. I just wanted to discuss an organization that is doing some interesting things. I think that, especially considering what is going on with the world with the economy, wars, and other junk, some spiritual guidance is DEFINITELY in order!

No comments: